Thursday, December 20, 2012

Study Partner


She has me open like... 24-hour diners and campus libraries....
Got me wanting to stop by her to grab a little something to eat 
while I study her anatomy and physiology...

See, the science of the matter is 
I'm drawn to you like opposite ends of magnets...
... And the algebra of this equation is 
I want to lay opposite end, 
divide your legs by 2,
 and sine my name...while you cosine of course.

And for a little geometry...
I want to balance the equation between
the slope of your neckline...
to the obtuse angle your thighs provide...
then use the pythagorean theorem to discover 
the angle of your hips.
Trace a straight line between the two corners of your lips...

You are like...
a perfectly constructed sentence.
The subject of my thoughts being 
predicated on which part of you my eyes behold.
See...
your heart beats in iambic pentameter.
How do I know? I've counted when laying upon your bosom.

The curls on your head are like beautiful commas.
Beauty marks adorn your body like periods...
giving me pause, causing me to stop...
...and admire each one before continuing to read you.
You make words fall from my eyes...
phrases grow in my locs, and...
poetry flow through my veins.

You are...
a sweet word.
A beautiful simile.
The perfect sentence.


Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment