Tuesday, January 29, 2013

What is Your Passion?

"What are you passionate about?"

I used to hate this question. I hated it because I didn't know the answer, and that made me feel inadequate and foolish.

I went to school and got a degree in journalism, but I don't want to be a journalist. Hell, I really am not that fond of writing, and I don't think I'm that good, although I've always heard otherwise. I thought I knew what I wanted to do for a career, but it seems like that door is closing/has closed...ship is sailing...whatever. 

Here I am in my mid twenties and I didn't know what I was passionate about, or what I wanted to be when I "grew up." I think within the past year, I'm just realizing the answer to what I'm passionate about. I'm passionate about people and dynamics of the relationships between them. But what do I do with that?



I'm currently 28 years old, about to graduate with a Master's in Communications with an emphasis in Promotions, and I don't know what I want for my life, which is frustrating. I mean I know the general parameters. I don't have to be rich, but I want to be comfortable, such that my family doesn't have to want for anything. I don't need extravagant living. I do want to get married and have a family. I look forward to all of that. But specifics? *le sigh*

Yes, I'm passionate about people, but I don't know how to channel that into doing something I love. I love sharing my knowledge about what I've learned through relationships and friendships. I could write a book but as I said, I really am not that fond of writing. And I don't feel like I have enough knowledge to fill the pages of a book.

I could get into public speaking/self-help seminars, but how do you even break into that field of being a public speaker in that arena?

I just...it's frustrating looking around you and seeing others who seem to have their wants in life figured out, and I'm still here feeling like I'm wandering around aimlessly.

I just...blah. Y'all be easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment