Monday, August 12, 2013

I Don't Like To Write.

Well...let me clarify.

I don't mind writing when I have something to write about. But when there's nothing? It's such a struggle.

Looking at a blinking cursor on a blank page can be so ... intimidating. 
Funny part is, I'd love to have a job where I am required to write a lot. I think....KNOW I'd succeed well at that.

I honestly only got a journalism degree because my advisor suggested it. I have no desire to go into journalism, unless it's editorial writing. However, my advisor told me since I wanted to go into Public Relations, I should major in journalism since it had a bigger focus on writing. This way, I'd be able to work in both fields if I wanted.

Well ... at this point I'm working in neither fields. And that's frustrating. 

Speaking of, I'm going to try and switch up my approach in applying to jobs. Hopefully something good will come of that. 

Anyway, getting back on subject. I honestly don't feel I'm a great writer. I know I can write, but am I some groundbreaking writer? Not at all. People tend to love my writing though, so I suppose I underestimate myself. 

I've been (attempting) to do this writing challenge I saw on another blog where I write every day for a month, and so far I'm failing miserably. It's really hard to come up with things to talk about every single day without having ideas fed to me. I shall do better though! 

Anyway, just a brief update. Y'all be easy.

2 comments:

  1. Troll Twitter for things to talk about. I noticed a few people were actually writing from a daily topic sheet maybe you could look into those.

    I don't have degrees in any type of writing (I'm social work) but it's been easier for me to write because I like to talk.

    I hope the challenge gets easier for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it will. I really think it's about disciplining myself to write consistently!

      Delete