Wednesday, April 8, 2015

#NaPoWriMo - April's Fool | 1:30

We met in the Spring
You were the flower brought forth in May
We hit it off quickly as you shaped a place in my life
We joked about you being my wife and by June?
We were singing each other's tune. 
I laughed at your corny jokes...
You were nervous about meeting my folks but by 
July? You were at the family BBQ. 
The sun shone on us like 20 acres of field
And our love the crop yield...bountiful. 
August came and it was more of the same
"Y'all lame" is what our friends said. 
They were just jealous. 
Autumn brought September
That's when I knew I'd fallen in love with you
Like the leaves fall from the trees. 
October we removed each other's masks. 
Not the kind for Halloween but
The form of masks that hide things. 
See...we were bare with each other. 
November was when it started. 
The heat from our relationship departed and
Cold set in. 
I reflected on being thankful and grateful for you but
In December you became distant and hateful. 
Instead of a Merry Christmas
You were distant and listless. 
In January I sent her a letter with a picture and said
"I miss this."
Her non response felt like seeing her ass
And hearing her say "Kiss this." 
So much for her being my New Year Resolution
It was a cold winter. 
February is the love month but all I felt was a broken heart. 
It's when she said "I think we should depart from each other."
I fought for her but it's hard to contain running water. 
And water ran from my eyes all through March. 
She was gone. 
Blooming flowers didn't have the same vivid colors. 
The sun didn't seem as bright and warm. 
The morning dew was cold instead of cool. 
And to this day, I'm still her April Fool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment