Wednesday, April 8, 2015

#NaPoWriMo - Eight | 7:30

Eight times. 
Barely charged with the crime. 
I said eight times and he probably won't do time. 
POW!
"Pull your pants up!" they said. 
"Get your education!" they said
"Don't mouth off, be respectful."
Respectable negros still end up dead.
I'm not respectable so... 
POW!
I was told that I should vote this time around. 
If more blacks got out to vote, things would be different. 
What don't you understand? 
Voting doesn't keep me from 6 feet underground
But...  
POW!
I'm tired. 
But every time I see my people killed
I get a little wired. 
Instead of being fired? 
These cops continue to fire. 
POW!
Don't matter if I run away. 
Apparently my black ass has
Made him feel his life is in danger
Instead of calling it racism and 
White anger
They raise their guns and 
POW!
Now I'm falling to my knees. 
Because despite my three degrees,
They still see me as just another nigger. 
I don't know if I'm on my way to praying
Or to just laying here
Another black man's life taken by 
A cops trigger. 
POW! 
It's getting hard to breathe. 
I don't know if it's the weight of 
being black on my chest or
The exit wounds. 
Am I the next black man 
a cop is sending to his tomb?
My breath is getting shallow. 
I can't breathe. 
I don't see my life flashing before me
I just see the muzzle fla...
POW!
This one hurt y'all. 
But I must keep fighting
Even though these bullets keep biting
Away at black skin. 
Why is my melanin
Seen as my sin? 
All I want is to be...
POW!
Free. 

Eight times. 
Barely charged with the crime. 

I said eight times and he probably won't do time.

No comments:

Post a Comment